4 am: Wake up, get dressed, go eat breakfast.
4:15 am: 2 jeeps arrive to take us to the Akagera National Park
5 am: get in jeeps to head out on our safari
5:20 am: 1 jeep gets a flat tire
5:40 am: both jeeps get back on the road and head west towards the park
8:15 am: Both jeeps make it safely to the park and we're ready for our adventure with animals.
It was an early morning today, but we had many adventures and got to see lots of animals.
Some highlights for me were:
1. Hearing everyone's reactions to their favorite animals. Carol's reactions were especially fun and exciting to listen to as I sat next to her in the back seat.
2. Carol had some amazing animal sounds.
3. We filmed footage for our "Africa" music video. Thank you Toto for such a perfect song.
4. We got SUPER close to some giraffes and zebras.
5. Best part of the day was the first few minutes when we saw the biggest elephant ever with a little white bird sitting on top of him. Amazing!
6 pm: We arrived safely back to the guest house.
9 pm: We all fell into bed fast asleep.
Tomorrow we must say goodbye and head home. This part is always challenging. Pray for safe travels and not too tearful goodbyes.
PS. I'll post pictures later. Too tired. :)
Post a Comment