I wanted to share these with you because many family and friends were miles away and could not physically be near me during this struggle in my life. I also think it shares a very deep part of my soul since this was definitely the lowest point in my life thus far. Enjoy seeing the guardian angels the Lord placed around me almost two years ago. They helped keep me sane!
Lots of cute cards!
Lexi, Kacie, Mandy, and Stephanie
And brought me princess bandaids and socks :)
They decorated my room too
FOOOOOOD finally!! It had been more than 24 hours...
My roomies brought me coloring pages and a big card!!
Merick, Jane, Allison, and Katy
Jane brought a Lisa Frank coloring book
I always had visitors :)
Courtney, Shelbie (AKA Pledge), and Mandy (AKA LEEEEEETLE) haha
Decorations and cards!
Watching my wall explode on FB
Mommy brought me Tech Game Day stuff since I couldn't go to the OSU game
My Rodriguez family came to visit. The twinzies could finally come to see me since I wasn't in ICU anymore
Alli, Jessica, and Ada
Mandy and Kara
Lots of Mommy time! GAME DAY!!! Wreck 'Em Tech!!
I have the best roomies ever...they cleaned my room and hung streamers from the ceiling.
Thank you Kristen, Kara, and Lindsey!!
Ashley, my student teacher partner...wouldn't have survived that semester without her.
AND Kristen got engaged!!
So glad my mom got to be here for this fun time!!! Even though it wasn't for a very good reason!
Here are some funny stories about some exceptional people:
- In addition to coming to visit me, Mandy was the one that brought me to the doctor, and she was there when I woke up the next morning. Such a wonderful little sis I have.
- When I was at the doctor, I texted Katy (one of my nurse friends and ex-wife on FB) asking her what an EKG is. Needless to say she freaked out a little and was at the ER when I got there.
- Kara was another saint the night I went to the hospital. She called our pastor and brought me stuff from the apartment to help make my stay a little better.
- The Rodriguez family will always be my Lubbock family. They let my mom stay with them as long as she needed to. Tanna had heard I wasn't feeling well and texted me when I was in the ambulance just to see if I was feeling better. I told her I was on my way to the hospital...she freaked out a little and they were there when I got to the ER too.
- My mommy came to stay with me for a week and a half to help me adjust. My daddy, sister, and brother couldn't be with me because of work and school but they called every day and took care of things at home while mom was gone.
I can't mention everyone because there were so many people that made my transition easier, but I am so thankful for all the support I received.
Best story: When I was in the ambulance (even though I was out of it), I asked them to turn the lights and sirens on, but they wouldn't. I was bummed. :)
I am so thankful my life belongs to Him!