This week of school has almost come to an end...THANK THE LORD!
On Wednesday, I was laid off by Spring Branch ISD like so many other educators in the state of Texas. But even though this week has been horrible, God has provided so many blessings.
- When I was told that Spring Woods HS was not renewing my contract, they gave me the rest of the day off. This means I did not have to teach my two most challenging classes. WOOHOO!
- I had lunch with some wonderful friends on Wednesday!
- The verse on my mind all day was Philippians 4:6-7. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. SUCH a blessing!
- I went to school on Thursday, and ALL my co-workers were more upset by this than I was. They keep saying that I am a wonderful teacher, except that I didn't know that I am a great teacher. I am just doing what I know to do.
- Thursday was wonderful because my Battle Math League teams are AWESOME...we're in second place!
- I was told today twice in the span of 5 minutes that I have "IT" What is "IT"? I have no idea, but apparently it makes me a wonderful teacher.
- Realizing that when you truly give your life to the Lord, he WILL take it! Allowing God to have control of my life has been the best decision and life style! The past year and a half has been a roller coaster, but HE has walked me through EVERY second!
- Greatest blessing of the week: I have shared my faith and story with 3 co-workers this week that may or may not know the Lord like I do...and its all because I got fired. Isn't that crazy?