- My Christmas tree and lights are up...and put a smile on my face when I come home from work.
- I have watched White Christmas 4 times now since Thanksgiving...hence the title :D
- I made my last copies of the semester
- I held my kids to deadlines! PTL no (or maybe very little) grading next week...aside from finals. ICK
- Parents are called...less than last six weeks :)
- I have such great friends at work...I don't know what I would do without them. Go crazy probably...oh wait too late ;)
- Claire's band concert was on Wednesday. SO proud of her that she's better than I ever was in 7th grade.
- The fine arts winter extravaganza was last night. It is so wonderful to see the NHS students come together to put on an evening of music, drama, and dancing. I enjoyed every minute!
- One of my kids who barely passed 1st six weeks got a 98 on his test yesterday. I am not going to reach all my kids, but the few that I do reach help me know God has put me in the right place.
- Two of my kids (engaged and in the same class) had their baby boy yesterday. Those two drove me crazy the first few weeks, but I have grown to love them very much. They told me earlier this week that I was the only teacher who asked about the details for her delivery time, etc. It broke my heart that no one else had asked.
- I got to chat with some of the senior girls about diabetes...I know it's weird, but I love talking about it.
I am realizing just how hard this job is, not because of the stress of teaching, not because of lesson planning, not because of discipline issues. It's because my heart breaks when I know after my kids leave my room they go home to situations that I can't even imagine, pain I will never understand, and trials (that they probably got themselves into) that force them to grow up so much sooner than necessary.
This week, I have read my devotional every day. It's difficult because it's creating a new habit despite my busy life, but the joy I have found during the last week in everything I do has been fabulous. I am rediscovering the real reason for this time of year and how my life needs to reflect the gift the Lord gave us in Jesus' birth, death, and resurrection.
so thankful my WHOLE life belongs to HIM
Post a Comment